We have been making this bag in class for a number of years now and it is one of our most popular bags, so we have revamped the pattern and added a few more tips to help you out.
Enjoy creating your BIG BAG, I’m pretty sure that you will make more than one as they are so versatile and useful for so many things.
P.S. They make wonderful gifts!
Approx. dimensions: 45cm wide, 33cm high, 23cm deep (18” wide, 13” high, 9” deep)
- 1 charm pack plus 2 x 5”strips of coordinating fabric for lower
- edge of bag
- 2 x 30cm for inside pockets
- 75cm lining fabric
- 15cm fabric for handles
- 80cm medium fusible interfacing
- 1 x bag base 8 1⁄2” x 17”
- 2m bag wadding
- Rotary equipment
- Neutral thread for piecing and quilting
- Sewing machine and good pins
- Fabric marker
- 505 spray adhesive (optional)
Designed by The Patchwork Pear